- The Rental Specialists is aware at all times of its obligation to follow the law. This includes the law about discrimination.
- We will treat all property owners and applicants fairly. This means that we will not discriminate against you because of your race, ethno-religion, sex, marital status, disability, homosexuality, age or transgender. We will not discriminate against you because of the race, ethno-religion, sex, marital status, disability, homosexuality, age or transgender of any one of your relatives, friends or colleagues.
- We will not take instructions from property owners who want us to break anti-discrimination laws.
- We may refuse to take an application from you:
a. if the property is physically not able to accommodate as many people as you want to occupy it; or,
b. if the property cannot be made to suit your particular needs (for example, if you need wheelchair access and the property is up two flights of steps).
We recognise that people with disabilities have the same right to rent property as people who do not have disabilities. We will do our best to negotiate any adaptations or changes that a person with a disability needs in order to live in or use a particular property, however, we recognise that the owner does not have to adapt or change the property if doing so will cause them unjustifiable hardship.
- In all other cases, when we decide who can rent a property, we will only look at how well the applicant can pay the rent and look after the property. We will ask you for references about both of these things and we will check these references. We (being the agent for the property owner) will only refuse your application if your supporting documentation proves insufficient or not acceptable, or if they were less acceptable than the references of the successful applicant. This means that we are of the opinion, based on your references, that:
i. either, you are unable to pay the rent and/or look after the property; or,
ii. you are less able than the successful applicant to pay the rent and/or look after the property.
If you are unhappy with anything to do with the way we rent or manage property, please let us know. Your opinion matters to us.
Personal information provided by a prospective tenant on a tenancy application or which might be collected from other sources, is necessary in order for employees of The Rental Specialists to verify the applicant’s identity, to process and evaluate the application and to manage the tenancy.